Some pics from TENTATION

Any comments, questions, stories about HR 29, this is the right place.

Some pics from TENTATION

Postby Tentation » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi,
as recommended by Antti, here are some pics of TENTATION:
Attachments
TENTATION.JPG
An overwiew of her
TENTATION.JPG (159.09 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
TENTATION moored and  as seen from home.JPG
TENTATION is moored in the Blavet river. We can have a look at her from our garden.
TENTATION moored and as seen from home.JPG (147.42 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
Launching from the slipway.jpg
The start of a new season.
Launching from the slipway.jpg (103.44 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
in light wind.JPG
Good time to enjoy the spinnaker
in light wind.JPG (74.43 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
From Yeu island to Belle-ile island on a  windy day.JPG
Blowing F5 but still confortable.
From Yeu island to Belle-ile island on a windy day.JPG (105.49 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
At the rigging station.jpg
Re-installation of the mast which was removed due to disturbing noise inside it.Some foam has been inserted in it to avoid the nasty noise. Having quiet night at anchor now.
At the rigging station.jpg (147.77 KiB) Viewed 3086 times

Re: Some pics from TENTATION

Postby Antti_DD » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks Robert for many beautiful photos! I especially like the photo about the view from your garden. I wish I could live as close to the boat as you do.

I would have a question about your gennaker/cruising chute arrangement. Do you have a bowsprit where you attach the one corner of the sail? It looks like so, but I could not see the bowsprit in your other photos.
Antti Laine, Forum Administrator
HR 29 # 483 "Dolphin Dance"
Blog: http://sydolphindance.com / Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sydolphindance / Twitter: https://twitter.com/sydolphindance

Postby Tentation » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Antti,
Yes I have designed and installed a removable bowsprit.
I have some pics of it but not enough to give a good understanding of the arragement.
I'll go to the shipyard this afternoon to shot more photos.
Then I'll try to deliver a full report . :roll:
Have a good day
Robert

Postby DIDIER » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:09 am

Hi Robert, Hi Anti,

My name is Didier Betail.

I bought my HR29 3 months ago. She was called 4 seasons (n° 205 - built in 1985) and I will keep her name.
Of course she is beautiful and I am a very happy skipper !
The boat will be located at The Logeo (Gulf of Morbihan / South Brittany) ; so she will be quite close with Tentation.

For this year, I will invest in self tailing winches, a new engine and a anemometer to start my renovation program.

Could you tell me the size you recommend for asymmetric spinnaker for light wind (force 2 to 4) and the bet way to fix it at the front of the deck ?
I also look for information about the right diameter of the chain (8 or 10) and the weight of the anchor (14 or 16 kg)

Best regards

Didier

Postby Antti_DD » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:49 am

Hi Didier, nice to have you on the forum. Also, congratulations on your new boat! Could I ask you to still write an intro on the "Welcome to the HR29 forum" category so that 'Four seasons' would be listed there as well? You can basically copy/paste the text that you posted here.

I am not sure about the recommended size for asymmetric spinnaker, but our boat came with 55 m2 gennaker. I haven't measured it, but so it was written in the sales agreement :) The gennaker has a furler which makes it pretty easy to deploy or unfurl. However, spinnaker sock might be even better for this? You can see our gennaker arrangement from this video: http://youtu.be/orr8q1u-kvY
However, I think that Tentation's bowsprit is better solution, so it is better to copy Robert ;)

As for the anchor gear, we have a 20 kg CQR anchor in the bow, but I think that it is over-sized for a boat of this size. I think that 16 kg should be enough if the type of the anchor is good. If I remember correctly, our chain diameter is 8mm.
Antti Laine, Forum Administrator
HR 29 # 483 "Dolphin Dance"
Blog: http://sydolphindance.com / Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sydolphindance / Twitter: https://twitter.com/sydolphindance

Postby Tentation » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:54 pm

BETAIL wrote:Hi Robert, Hi Anti,

My name is Didier Betail.

I bought my HR29 3 months ago. She was called 4 seasons (n° 205 - built in 1985) and I will keep her name.
Of course she is beautiful and I am a very happy skipper !
The boat will be located at The Logeo (Gulf of Morbihan / South Brittany) ; so she will be quite close with Tentation.

For this year, I will invest in self tailing winches, a new engine and a anemometer to start my renovation program.

Could you tell me the size you recommend for asymmetric spinnaker for light wind (force 2 to 4) and the bet way to fix it at the front of the deck ?
I also look for information about the right diameter of the chain (8 or 10) and the weight of the anchor (14 or 16 kg)

Best regards

Didier

Hi Didier,
I am very sorry to have missed your here above points about anchor size as well as spinnacker size :oops:
So better be late than never, here I am and please forgive me.
Tentation anchor is a 24 or 22 lbs (?) old fashion CQR connected, through a Kong swivel coupling, to 30metres of a 8mm chain then to 25m of a 14mm 3 strands nylon rope. I was thinking of a modern anchor but have not yet found one that fit in the anchor locker.
The spinnaker is actually called a "streamer" by the sail maker ( BM Sails, La Rochelle) because it is rather flat compared to a spinnaker, but not as flat as a true gennaker :roll:
It is advertised to be available up to close reaching. As you can see from the pics I posted it has not a very large area.
Hope this help and see you on the water from next spring.
Robert

Postby DIDIER » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the answer.

I have found on "Le bon coin" a asymetric spi in the place of Le Havre.
The size is 7,40m/6,40m/4,20m.
What do you think about this size ?

Fell free to call me if you want.

Didier Bétail
06 86 68 55 75

Postby Tentation » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi Didier,
I'll give you the dimensions of the spi onboard TENTATION in the coming days as it is folded in its bag at the moment
Cheers
Robert

Postby Tentation » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi,
TENTATION has a spinnaker (streamer as called by the sailmaker) of the following dimensions:
Luff: 10m
Foot: 6.30m
Leech: 9.30m

How it look when hoisted
IMG_8967.JPG
IMG_8967.JPG (152.19 KiB) Viewed 2975 times

Postby tomblix » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi

I had a spinnaker that I never used, but I`m glad to say that I now have a genakker (asymmetric spinnaker) that is much more user-friendly! And it didn`t cost me a nickel. I simply remade the spinnaker by strengthening the leech (front?) by sewing a 8 mm rope wrapped in web from bottom to top with ends sticking out. Top has a schackel for the fall, bottom is tied to a rope forward of a block on the bowsprit. The foot of the original spinnaker was cut from zero on one side to 75 cm up on the other side. Makes a genakker with a bit strange belly, but acceptable for me as a cruiser. And the troublesome spinakkerboom stays at home under my veranda. Pics of Tentations sail is much like mine.

By the way - if your mainsail has a loose foot, you can arrange one line going from the bottom of the genakker, through a block at the bow and back to the cockpit as well as the fall going through a block and then back into cockpit. If you`re singlehanded you can then take down the genakker from the cockpit by letting out those two lines and pulling the sail into the cockpit. Let go the lower first. A tip is to let the sheet on the wind side go between the boom and the foot of the mainsail, and to pull the genakker down into the cockpit or straight down below between the boom and the sail. Helps to keep things in order. Hope this is understandable - its a bit difficult explaining in English...
Best regards from Tom

Return to General HR 29 discussion