Gas

Any comments, questions, stories about HR 29, this is the right place.

Gas

Postby bengt » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi,

Bought a HR 29 162/571 two months ago and so far we are very happy with the boat. We have used it for a weeks vacation from Oslo to Skjærhalden, and as expected a few questions have come up that I hpoed you guys could help me with. I have diffeculties finding out how the gas is transferred from the "pullpit" to the pantry. I can't find the cabeling and I would very much like to know the state of the system to avoid any accidents. Can anyone explain? Also, the mainsheet rope broke the third day which disclosed rather old blocks. Should I consider changing them to "double system"?

BR Bengt

Re: Gas

Postby Tentation » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi Bengt,
on Tentation (hull # 400) the gas installation is as follow:
-1- gas cylinder located in the anchor locker
-2- flexible hose equipped with a regulator connected to the cylinder
-3-connection to a rigid copper tube on port side
-4-this copper tube is inside a grp tube running along the port side and going down to behind the oven where is a cock
-5- from the cock to the oven it's a flexible hose connected to the oven.
Hope that would help
Robert

Postby milsten » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi

In the picture you can see a part of the gas tube on port side . I took this picture when I was cleaning the hull behind the slats .

Grtz
Werner
Attachments
DSC_0093.jpg
DSC_0093.jpg (57.47 KiB) Viewed 964 times

Postby bengt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks a lot guys! So in regards to maintainance, its only the flexible hose in anchor locker and to the oven that needs to be taken care of.

Postby Peti » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi everyone,
I want to replace my petroleum oven by a gas oven with 2 cooking places. My boat was built in 1983 (No. 117) and never had a gas installation before.
My plan is as follows:
I want to put the gas cylinders (both active and spare cylinder) into the anchor locker, separated from the anchor chain. Also, I want to use a remote control valve (manufacturer Truma). The gas cylinders and the oven are to be connected by a copper tube.
There already is a hole in the anchor locker which is currently plugged by a piece of silicone. Can I use this hole for the tube? How can I install the copper tube along the hull and through the ribs and the bulkheads?
Any experience and / or pictures are highly appreciated.
Regards,

Return to General HR 29 discussion