Removing ceiling panel

Maintenance and refit discussion

Removing ceiling panel

Postby Nico » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi all,

Since April this year we are the proud owner of a HR29 (1987 - S/N 341). This winter we started on our boat refit project.
As a new member to this forum I found already a lot of very useful information but I’m looking for particular info related to removing 1 ceiling panel. (indicated with “1” in attached picture) Hoping someone can help…

We have a short circuit in wiring of the ceiling lamp in the main cabin. In order to fix this I need access to the wiring behind the ceiling panel. Although I have removed all the screws in the short batten (indicated with “3” in attached picture) & the first screws in long batten indicated with “2” in attached picture), it is impossible to remove short batten… it seems to be very tight or stuck somehow.
What else do I need to do to remove the first ceiling panel ?

Many thanks in advance for the help & advise !!

Nico

Removing ceiling panel.jpg
Removing ceiling panel.jpg (318.19 KiB) Viewed 1076 times

Re: Removing ceiling panel

Postby Peti » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi and welcome.
You have to remove the Nr. 2 completly. Than you can turn the Panel wie down and have a Look behind it. But it is also fixed on the right side on your pic.

Re: Removing ceiling panel

Postby Nico » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback !
Any extra advice about removing the batten (nr 3 on pic) because it seems stuck…. Little bit afraid to use force to remove it. I don’t want to break it….

Return to Maintenance and refit