Sticky: Welcome message

New member in the forum? Please introduce yourself and why not share a photo or two of your boat here!

Sticky: Welcome message

Postby Antti_DD » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:54 am

Hello and welcome to the new HR 29 discussion forum! My dream is, that over time this would become an active forum where owners can find answers to their questions and problems but also share photos, sailing stories, keep mini blogs etc. You have probably found this forum, because you are currently sailing an HR boat, or you have an interest in them. Although, this is currently named an HR 29 forum, other sailors are also most warmly welcome to join in. Especially, most of the Olle Enderlein's classic HR designs are pretty similar structurally, so many of the topics are common for many other HR models as well.

I think that if we make this forum active, it is something that every owner can benefit from. Especially, at times when facing some maintenance or technical issues. To make this happen, please be active! Comment, post, share and check the forum regularly for new messages. It might be a good idea to bookmark this forum, so that you can check it frequently.

A good way to start participating in the discussion is first to register as a user and then make a short introduction of yourself by starting a new topic in the "Welcome to the HR29 forum" section. Feel free to add a photo of your boat as well. Also, using a signature and avatar-photo in your profile is recommended. Here are some quick guides, how to do so:

How do I add a signature to my post?
To add a signature to a post you must first create one via your User Control Panel (cogwheel icon in the top bar). Once created, you can check the Attach a signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio button in your profile. If you do so, you can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box within the posting form.

How to add an avatar (a small profile photo)?
To add an avatar image, go to the User Control Panel (cogwheel icon) -> Profile -> Edit avatar -> Upload image from your computer. Note that maximum width/height is 90 pixels and file size only 6kb.

How to upload a photo/attachment?
Make sure you are registered/logged in since otherwise you are not able to upload a photo. Click "Upload attachment" below the text field. Then select the file from your computer. Click "add the file". The name of the attachment appears under the "File comment" field. Then just click "Place inline" which will locate the image in the text field, where your cursor is located. It won't show the image other than as a code (e.g. attachment=0]name of your photo[/attachment) Before submitting the message, you can check the image and the whole message by clicking preview, which should show the photo. Please don't upload full size images or pdf-files. Recommended image width is 600-800 px and size about 50-150kb.

More info can be found in the FAQ (question mark icon) section.

If having any further questions about registering, uploading images, compressing photos etc., feel free to contact me at sydolphindance@gmail.com
Antti Laine, Forum Administrator
HR 29 # 483 "Dolphin Dance"
Blog: http://sydolphindance.com / Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sydolphindance / Twitter: https://twitter.com/sydolphindance

Return to Welcome to the HR 29 forum