Svendborg to Brittany (France)

Share your cruising stories and photos here!

Svendborg to Brittany (France)

Postby Olivier » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi All,

Just to share with you some news about a (long) cruise from Svendborg (DK) to Douarnenez (Brittany - France).

Few words about the craft. She is a HR 29. Her name is PIM'S (on MarineTraffic it is PIMS). I bought the vessel last year (Oct 2018) to a danish owner located in Svendborg. A very pleasant location by the way... ;)
During the winter, she was in the wharehouse of a shipyard in Svendborg.

She is in a very good condition but without any modern electronic systems, autopilot etc...

Before buying PIM'S, I was looking for a bigger HR but thanks to Antti (videos) and this owner's forum, I was conviced that this HR 29 was the boat I needed.

The family objectives are to sail from France (Brittany) to Ireland, England, south Brittany.... often singlehanded or with my wife. My son (21 years old) likes sailing a lot.

I was supposed to sail up to France with my son and his friends but at the latest minute, I was unable to join the crew composed of my son and (now) his 3 very best sailing friends.

They left Svendborg last friday (June 7th 2019) and stopped over few times because of the bad weather or the Kiel canal.

Today (June 14th), they stop in Den Helder (NL).

On Wednesday evening (June 12th - 9PM), PIMS left Cuxhaven with the tide and today, they stop in Den Helder (NL). The speed average is 5.5knts knowing that the wind is about 18-20 knts.

They are very happy. The boat is running well.

I will upload some pictures soon. If you have any comments, feel free.

Thank you and see you soon.

Olivier and Hubert

Return to Cruising logbook