New to this forum

New member in the forum? Please introduce yourself and why not share a photo or two of your boat here!

New to this forum

Postby John Klinkhamer » Sat May 02, 2020 1:06 pm

Hello, the Klinkhamer family. We are Dutch by birth but we live in Sweden now for almost four years. We will soon move to the west coast of Sweden (Uddevalla) overlooking the fjords from our home. Having sailed for many years (except for the last 4 years) in all kinds of yachts ranging from 22-36 feet we could not resist to buy a yacht again. Living near one of the most beautiful sailing spots of Sweden without a boat seemed impossible. We always admired HR's and this morning we bought our first HR: a 29 (1991) with hull number 514. The boat is in excellent condition/like new thanks to the first owner who took care of her for all these years in an extraordinary way. We can't wait till she's in the water and ready to go!

Re: New to this forum

Postby Iangibson » Tue May 05, 2020 11:13 am

Hi
Congratulations for your purchase of an excellent yacht and also for your beautiful sailing area. I was lucky to sail from Roskilde DE to Oslo NO in a small boat back in 2014. I particularly enjoyed the passage from Gothenberg to Fjallbacka, stopping overnight at Klaveron, Stenungsund and Mollosunds. I imagine this will be your local cruising area.
We are currently in lockdown with Petrel stuck in the boat yard.
Best wishes for your future sailing.
Ian
Petrel #471

Return to Welcome to the HR 29 forum